Call for Nominations invited from Taiwan
Applications in prescribed format are invited for the forthcoming “Svayam Accessibility Awards 2018” from agencies/ organisations based in Taiwan or have proven accessibility projects implemented in the territory of Taiwan on the thematic areas. The award ceremony will coincide with the 15th International conference on Mobility and Transport for the Elderly and the Disabled Persons (TRANSED2018, Taipei), scheduled to be held during 12-15 November 2018 at Taipei, Taiwan.
Closing date for receipt of applications/nominations:
All applications in the prescribed proforma must reach by email before the closing date i.e. 15th September 2018 (before Mid Night 2359 hours Indian Standard Time). Nominations by Post / Courier, though not barred, are definitely discouraged to save papers and time. If you are more comfortable with postal, you are requested to keep a sufficient allowance of time so that the post reaches well clear of the closing date. Entries received after the closing date may not be considered. Applications may be addressed to:-
The Chief Coordinator
Svayam Accessibility Awards 2018
C/o Svayam |TRANSED Permanent Secretariat
Jindal Centre, 12, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110066, India
Phone: +91-11-41462323, +91-11-41462080
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
Website: http://www.svayam.com | http://www.transedconferences.com
Note: The nomination for the award can also be filed by a non-applicant i.e. one who is not bidding for the award for itself. However, it should be with the written consent of the organization being nominated that in the event of their selection for the award, they would accept the award and attend the Award Ceremony.
Applicant/ Nominee Organization must meet the following general criteria and agree to the general conditions for applying for awards:
- Applicant/Nominee Organization must be based in Taiwan and the nominated work/ project should be based in Taiwan. Multi-national or foreign organizations may also apply for the award for their projects based in Taiwan. Nominators other than applicant can be from any country, however, the project based in Taiwan shall only be considered for the award.
- Applicant /nominee organization provides services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of persons with disabilities & those with reduced mobility.
- Applicant/nominee organization is an Equal Opportunity Organization i.e. it provides an opportunity equal to what is given to others, to obtain, use and benefit from the products or services to persons with disabilities/ person with reduced mobility.
- Applicant/nominee organization has shown consistent leadership in advancing access to transportation or in providing information and communication support to persons with disabilities.
- In case of Built Environment: applicant /nominee organization has renovated / designed a building, interior, exterior or outdoor space to eliminate barriers and/or enhance access for persons with disabilities/ persons with reduced mobility.
- In case of Employment: the applicant /nominee organization, business and/or individual has provided meaningful employment opportunities and demonstrated flexible and respectful integration of people with disabilities into their workforce.
- Testimonials/ supporting documents- Applicant organizations/ Nominators should submit additional information including letters of support, testimonials, photographs, architectural drawings, Links to the videos, online reports/articles/ publications etc.
- Language for application/ nominations shall remain ENGLISH only. All supporting documents if in any other language than English, a self-certified translated version in English language must be submitted.
- Svayam reserves its right to amend the award criteria, change the category of any application, reject the proposals, and cancel/postpone the award.
- By submitting the award entry, the applicant organization authorizes Svayam to use the submitted information for raising awareness on accessibility, universal design, inclusive mobility and transportation or its promotional campaigns.
Application /Nomination Formats
Forms may be downloaded from below hyperlinks (Google Documents):-
- Application/Nomination form for Municipalities/ Local Development Authorities
- Application/Nomination form for Public Transport/ Hospitality/ Tourist Attraction /Heritage Site
- Application/Nomination form for Best Practices Award
Previous Svayam Awards
To know more about Svayam Accessibility Awards, visit here.